Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Nebula Award Nominees Project

I am reading the second novel in Robert V.S. Redick's The Chathrand Voyage series, The Ruling Sea. I liked book one, The Red Wold Conspiracy, but I am starting to feel Redick has lost his way in the second book. Anyway, I'll write a review of at least the Red Wolf Conspiracy soon. However, the Science Fiction Writers Association announced the Nebula award nominees today and I have not read a single one, which is very sad. So, I am going to try to read and review each of the novels and each of the short stories and make my vote for which should win the Nebula.

The novels are:
The Native Star, M.K. Hobson (Spectra)
The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms, N.K. Jemisin (Orbit UK; Orbit US)
Shades of Milk and Honey, Mary Robinette Kowal (Tor)
Echo, Jack McDevitt (Ace)
Who Fears Death, Nnedi Okorafor (DAW)
Blackout/All Clear, Connie Willis (Spectra)

The short stories are:
‘‘Arvies’’, Adam-Troy Castro (Lightspeed Magazine 8/10)
‘‘How Interesting: A Tiny Man’’, Harlan Ellison® (Realms of Fantasy 2/10)
‘‘Ponies’’, Kij Johnson (Tor.com 1/17/10)
‘‘I’m Alive, I Love You, I’ll See You in Reno’’, Vylar Kaftan (Lightspeed Magazine 6/10)
‘‘The Green Book’’, Amal El-Mohtar (Apex Magazine 11/1/10)
‘‘Ghosts of New York’’, Jennifer Pelland (Dark Faith)
‘‘Conditional Love’’, Felicity Shoulders (Asimov’s Science Fiction Magazine1/10)

I'll do the novel and novelette categories too, as time allows. And if you have a vote for who you think should win the Nebula, I'd love to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment