Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Welcome

I've long read science fiction, fantasy, horror, and other genre fiction and I've also long read the blogs dedicated to such things. I really enjoy the science fiction/fantasy community online. I love all of the free short stories that are presented, all of the thoughtful commentary, and all of the wild speculation. I hope that I will be able to offer up a small amount of unique commentary to fit among that galaxy of writing. I intend mostly to post reviews of books, movies and other media in the genre. I may also at times provide links and commentary on other science fiction/fantasy websites that I particularly enjoy.

The Blog's title is borrowed from a passage from one of my very favorite authors, Samuel Delaney. The full quote is from Stars in My Pocket Like Grains of Sand:

"We're plotting to steal time itself from you.... We're going to spike it to the floor as it slips by. And just as you come over to see why it's so still, we'll pull it out from under you--and send you spinning off around the galaxy's edge. We're planning to pluck all the best stars out of the sky and stuff them in our pockets... so that when we meet you once again and thrust our hands deep inside to hide our embarrassment, our fingertips will smart on them, as if they were desert grains, caught down in the seams, and we'll smile at you on your way to a glory that, for all our stellar thefts, we shall never be able to duplicate."

No comments:

Post a Comment